My Not so GREEN confessions
Ending Earth Week on a BANG…
- I failed at composting. I could have bought worms, but they gross me out.
- DH started collecting rain water to water the lawn and plants and the microbiologist/germaphobe in me is thinking about the bacteria brewing is sitting water… even worse… the potential mosquito family that might inhabit there soon.
- I tried cloth diapering and the best I can do is a hybrid – gDiaper inserts with BambinoMio covers. at home ONLY. cause I’m lazy. and I don’t want to carry a stick around with me. I will TRY again.
- Looking at my basement I realize we’re pack rats. We could be worse, but I see a lot of waste.
- I never turn off my computer because waiting for it to boot each time is annoying and I’m on it every 5 minutes anyway.
- Yet leaving a charger plugged in without something charging annoys the crap out of me.
- I’ve still got a bottle of bleach in my house when the GREEN cleaners just don’t quite cut it.
- I do so much laundry everyday, I imagine it’s not very green. Will I hang my laundry out to dry? NOPE…
- My DD litters… it’s a horrible phase I’m trying to rid of.
- I try to always go green but if the price is too high, I have more of a tight budget than room to be green.
- My daughter fills her bathtub way too high with water… to go swimming of course.
- I buy a lot of reusable grocery bags and have yet to use them on a regular basis. I argue that we need the grocery bags anyway for garbage bags. It’s green because we don’t buy garbage bags.