If you haven’t been to the Poconos recently, you just might want to take a visit. It’s most certainly not the Poconos I remembered as a child and Camelback Mountain is beyond amazing! Only 90 minutes away from New York City, they have so much to offer. In the winter you’ve got skiing and snowboarding, snow-tubing and the super fun mountain coaster but in Spring 2015, Camelback opens up their much anticipated Camelback Lodge & Aquatopia Waterpark dubbed to be the largest ski in/ski out indoor waterpark hotel.
I recently got a private hardhat tour of the facilities and while still very much still under construction, it was overwhelming in its size and amenities. I am hard-pressed to name my favorite part of the new resort so here is a few of my favorites:
I love love love that you can ski (or board) in/ski out directly from the hotel.
- I admit I’m a bit of a scardy cat and rides like theVenus SlydeTrap, made with three- to six-person family rafting tubes are all sorts of awesome. The only combination family raft ride of its kind in the world, the Venus SlydeTrap fuses three exhilarating waterslide experiences into one slide. The 600-foot long, fully enclosed family rafting experience has a record-breaking sphere and open ‘manta’ wall ride. Starting with a heart-pounding drop, riders will speed down an enclosed serpentine flume before they are injected into a 16-foot sphere where they bank around 90-degree turns, and finally are plunged back into darkness. Riders may feel as though they have reached the climax of the new attraction, but the Venus SlydeTrap is just getting warmed up. Next, riders will be propelled back into the rushing waters where they will experience wall crawling Zero-G before being swallowed whole and spit back out into a plunge pool below. Yes, I’m definitely going to need a little hand-holding for this ride.
If you’ve got kids spanning different age groups, you’ll love the seven pools with wave pool, lazy river and FlowRider surfing simulator, 13 waterslides, and a multitude of thrilling water attractions. There’s something for everyone!
- I’m loving the Texlon transparent roofing system, which will allow guests to tan indoors at a comfortable 84-degrees, year-round. Just 90 minutes from my home, I can escape the winter blues and get my dose of Vitamin D!
- After our summer adventure to Connecticut’s Adventure Park, my kids were super excited about the ropes courses at Arcadia Family Adventure Center. It will also offer two levels of themed activities including more than 100 video, interactive and ticket redemption games and rock climbing for adults and kids, mini-golf, black light laser tag, and an arts and crafts center.
- My little artist was super excited when I told her about POCKA-DOT-POTS where she can get her Arts and crafts on.
- My absolute favorite may be all the food options available at this resort from swim-up bars to family sit-down restaurants. This allergy mom has nothing to worry about with an amazing head chef who has worked at some of the top resorts in the world and has such a huge variety of food choices like sushi from Neptune’s and classic pub & grill food from Trail’s End Tavern.
After my kids first time on the mountain and all the anticipation for what’s to come at Camelback Lodge & Aquatopia Waterpark, my kids made me promise we’d be back real soon!
Camelback Lodge & Aquatopia Waterpark is now accepting advanced reservations, be a part of their Grand Opening Celebration! Book by April 1, 2015 and you’ll receive their Adventure Savings Book with over $200 in discounts and deals to make your Camelback Resort stay even more memorable.
What you’ll get:
- A $50 Amenity Credit that can be used for any amenity in the NEW Camelback Lodge. Tackle the Ropes Course or climb to the top of the rock wall inside Arcadia Adventure Center, relax at the spa, grab some refreshments at one of the restaurants or snack bars and so much more!
- $20 off any spa treatment at the luxurious Serenity Spa. Indulge yourself with a manicure, pedicure, facial, or body wrap and see why Camelback Resort isn’t just the leader in thrills and excitement, but also relaxation and personal rejuvenation.
- After a day on the mountain, make sure you take your Adventure Savings Book to any of the fine restaurants for great deals. Follow that up with a trip to one of our shops where you’ll receive 10% off any retail purchase.
- Once you leave Camelback Resort, I’m sure you’ll want to start thinking about your return trip, and a $50 Bounce Back credit redeemable on your next visit is also part of the Adventure Savings Book.
Just call 1.855.515.1283 or visit CamelbackResort.com to book your stay now!