One of my new favorite restaurants is Spuntino’s Wine & Tapas Bar in Westbury. If you’ve been following me on Instagram or Twitter, you know I am there ALL the time.
I was super sad on a recent visit to know that they had taken down the Strawberry Marscapone Bruschetta off the menu. Off course, it’s a seasonal item but that was one of my favorites! I was obsessed with it.
Luckily I was able to easily recreate the recipe, and although it wasn’t 100% the same, it comes close and will definitely hold me over until next summer.
- Your choice of berries (sliced strawberries, raspberries, blueberries or blackberries – feel free to mix it up!)
- Marscapone Cheese
- French Bread sliced and lightly toasted
- Basil -sliced thin
- Sea salt, to taste
- Spread a layer (be as generous as you’d like for your own personal taste) of Marscapone cheese on slices of french bread.
- Drizzle honey over the layer of marscapone cheese.
- Place berries on top of layer and drizzle with honey.
- Sprinkle basil over the top. Salt to taste.
If this is a little fancy for you, I’ve simplified it even more to purchasing Trader Joe’s Marscapone Cheese and Trader Joe’s Brioche Toast Squares. It can be prepared in minutes.
This makes an amazing and super easy appetizer for a dinner party. If you haven’t tried Spuntino’s, make it a point to. I have tried almost everything on the menu and everything has been delicious! I have not been disappointed yet. I love how they mix unexpected ingredients into dishes for a truly amazing taste. Another favorite is the Picante Pizza — TRY IT! Enjoy!