If you know me, I LOVE FOOD! The other night my husband and I were treated to one of the most amazing meals we’ve had in a long long time at the all new Spuntino Wine Bar & Italian Tapas in Westbury. Spuntino means snack in Italian, and while my husband is a total meat and potato kind of guy, even he agreed, the dishes at Spuntino needed to be snack size. Each dish is packed with immense flavor and each deserve a tasting.
- Grilled Shrimp Scampi Bruschetta made with garlic, white wine, butter and lemon juice was our first tapas and it was ahhhhhmazing. I love Shrimp Scampi and this was one of the best I’ve ever had. It was a flavor explosion in our mouth. I could have eaten 10 of them, the same could be said for many of our following dishes.
- One dish which my husband turned his nose (he doesn’t do fruit as a meal) at but I was excited to try was the Mascarpone and Strawberry Bruschetta and it didn’t disappoint. Mascarpone cheese, fresh strawberries and basil drizzled with honey — left me speechless.
- Seared Scallops with carrot puree and fennel-orange salad was our healthier selection and while carrot puree may not sound like the most appetizing, it was delicious!
- Filet Mignon with a Chianti reduction, served up to be carved, a little slice of filet topped with some sauteed onions and dipped into the Chianti reduction… heaven!
- Truffle French Fries would be considered a simple dish, but the truffle just makes it so much more.
- Risotto ai Frutti Di Mare, one of their few full size dishes was a perfect way to finish off our tasting. The husband and I shared this amazing dish which uses Vialone Nano rice, once only fit for serving at the Vatican.
So many choices, you can get overwhelmed. The staff here are eager to guide you in your culinary experience. Our server Philip was ever so helpful and mindful of our preferences. Instead of simply making his favorite choices for wine selections, he ask my husband’s preferences and then selected the perfect compliment to our meal. General Manager Andrea Rossi can often be found mingling with guests, sharing his childhood experiences growing up in Italy and his infectious passion for the food served at Spuntino. Oh and don’t forget to leave room for dessert! Their signature Spuntino donuts are out of this world and their artisinal Gelato is drool worthy. Alas our bellies were just too small, leaving us no choice but to come back again and try more of the amazing dishes served at Spuntino Westbury.
I’m super super excited about this giveaway! I am hosting a Private One of a Kind Tasting Event on July 28th with Spuntino Westbury General Manager Andrea Rossi and Executive Chef Ryan Keough where (5) lucky Mom Confessionals’ readers will walk through a series of amazing courses complete with wine pairing options. What an incredible night its going to be! I can’t wait to be wining and dining with some of my most loyal readers at Spuntino Westbury. This giveaway is open to anyone who is willing to travel to Spuntino Westbury on the evening of July 28th! All entries are contained within the widget, you can enter daily!