Mother’s Day Gift Guide 2013
Mother’s Day this year is extra special with the newest addition to our family making our family complete. While my usual Mother’s Day gifts are small and usually event based, like a nice dinner or a massage, I asked my friends what their top Mother’s Day wishes were for.
- Personalized Gifts never fail to warm a mother’s heart and what mom doesn’t love a gift that gets to show off their pride and joy? We are huge fan of Shutterfly’s amazing line of affordable and beautiful personalized products. From Mugs for the coffee loving mom to a personalized cell phone case for a social media mom like myself, they’ve got you covered.
- Delivery of floral gifts were always hit or miss. What you saw on the site wasn’t always what you got until BloomNation.com came on the scene. Beautiful, designer floral arrangements aren’t only for the manhattan elite. BloomNation.com aka the Etsy of Florists showcases gorgeous floral designs that are guaranteed to look like the picture you purchased.
- Edible gifts are one of my favorite gifts to give. Something that has a lot of wow and taste is my favorite Edible Arrangements. A truly brilliant concept combining the beauty of floral with the deliciousness of sweet fruit, sometimes even covered in chocolate. It’s a gift that will really please.
- What’s nice is when someone notices the details. For instance, I always carry my business cards in an old plastic case that once was a flash drive presentation case. Not it’s original function but I made do. A thoughtful and affordable gift would be a beautiful leather business card holder from Henri Bendel. Spend a day observing mom. Notice anything she could use an upgrade on?
- If you’re feeling particularly generous, think of something mom would never splurge on. Maybe something a little impractical but just for her. For me, that would be an Authentic NY Yankees Jersey, for other’s maybe that handbag they’ve always wanted but couldn’t justify spending on like the ultra chic Louis Vuitton Artsy MM.
- For the tech mom, who wouldn’t love an upgraded laptop from HP? I’m typing on a way too slow laptop now and I am totally crushing on the new HP Envy x2.
- Who doesn’t love jewelry? I have always wanted a “Mom” necklace. You know, the necklace you personalize with all your children’s names or initials. We’re loving Satya’s Design Your Own Necklace.
- We were recently introduced to an amazing company, Kidzcandesign.com, which can turn your children’s artwork, handprints and really anything, into jewelry!
- Where do your store all those precious baubles? We’re loving C Wonder’s Monogram Jewelry box.
- Does your mom loves to cook or entertain? One of my favorite go to gifts of late is a cookbook, like the fabulous Homemade with Love by Jennifer Perillo of InJenniesKitchen.com and a personalized casserole or pie dish from RedEnvelope.com