REVIEW: Mamas & Papas Baby Snug
Mamas & Papas Baby Snug is a two stage seat that can be used indoors or outdoors. The first stage is recommended for ages 3 months to 12 months and the second stage is recommended for 12 months and up. Although we had already been gifted with a Bumbo, I gladly agreed to review this product based on the sleek design, and Mia being able to use this product for a much longer time.
The Baby Snug has three major parts – a plastic seat which is used for older babies, a soft insert to be placed on the plastic seat for younger babies, and a plastic tray. There are a few pieces that must be assembled for the plastic tray, but the directions included were clear and it was simple enough. The seat is stylish, well made, very sturdy, and easy to clean. The seat also has a wide base to prevent it from tipping over. The tray is a little difficult to put on as you have to move the baby’s arms/hands out of the way in order to lock the tray in the slots on the sides of the seat. The good news is that once you lock in the tray, it is very secure.
All in all, the seat is great if you plan to use it for a long time. We plan to use it for feeding once the pediatrician gives us the go ahead to start solids since we have not yet purchased a high chair.
The Baby Snug retails for $59.99 and comes in three colors – Teal, Raspberry, and Apple.
- Great design/Stylish
- Well made with a secure wide base (in comparison, the Bumbo may tip over)
- Two stage seat (in comparison, Mia may not be able to use the Bumbo much longer. Chunkier legs may have to cease use of the Bumbo even earlier as they will not fit into the Bumbo.)
- Plastic tray is very secure once it is on
- At $59.99, it is a bit pricey for a baby seat (though arguably, you will be using it a lot longer than cheaper seats…)
- The plastic tray was a little annoying to put on
- Even with the insert, the seat may be a little big for smaller babies.