Exclusively for the iPad, Ruckus Media has released the Rainforest Survival Challenge. They had me the instant they said charity. A portion of the proceeds from application goes to support education initiatives at the Rainforest Alliance and Stepping Stones Museum for Children, one of my favorite children’s museums.
This game teaches kids about wildlife from one of the most fascinating and delicate ecosystems on the planet, the Amazon Rainforest. By challenging them to survive the Amazon, it teaches them all about all the various animals and plant species as well as rainforest conservation and other environmental issues.
Rainforest Survival Challenge is for children ages 8-12, and is only $.99 and available in the iPad App Store. Now I just wish I had an iPad!
Ruckus Media creates apps for mobile devices that entertain toddlers to teens from their fingers to their minds, at home or on the road—and invite their imaginations to grow.
More apps for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch include:
- A Present for Milo, About.com Readers’ Choice and Mom’s Choice award winners
- Andrew Answers, “Best Apps Ever Award” Finalist (from 148apps.com)
- Goldilocks, told by Meg Ryan
- The Three Little Pig, told by Holly Hunter
- John Henry, told by Denzel Washington
- Pecos Bill, told by Robin Williams
- The Velveteen Rabbit, told by Meryl Streep, “Best Apps Ever Award” Finalist (from 148apps.com)
- Tom Thumb and the Knights of the Round Table, told by John Cleese