All I want for Mother’s Day…
Being an amateur photographer, I love Snapfish.com’s amazing selection of personalized photo products that any mother would proudly display. There’s nothing more sweet than having your favorite photo close to your heart with their Sterling Silver Photo necklace. For the working mom, send her off with a personalized photo notepad starting at $7.99. As she looks over her TO DO list for the day, a favorite photo will surely turn that frown upside down. For the mom that loves to entertain, I love the photo trivet for only $14.99.
Need help getting that perfect photo for your photo gift? Tamara Lackey, creator of Tamara Lackey’s Capturing Life Through (Better) Photography™ has some great tips. Tamara is renowned for her photographs of children and families in poignant (and funny) moments, and she think’s that “interaction is such a significant part of portraiture.” What happens unexpectedly, Tamara says, can sometimes be spectacular in what she calls “a kind of spontaneous intimacy.”
Here are some tips from Tamara that will help you create your best Mother’s Day photos.
- Say anything but CHEESE! Use silly expressions to induce genuine laughter and eliminate that “stale cheese” smile.
- Keep snapping photos after the first shot. Many times the best photos are taken in the seconds after the “Smile” photo.
- Parents should show they are having fun. Kids have radar that signals that the adults are stressed out about trying to take the perfect photo.
For more tips and tricks on creating that perfect shot with the tools you already own, check out Tamara Lackey’s new educational series at www.capturinglifebetter.com. Whatever the scenario, Tamara delivers simple suggestions that will help everyday shutterbugs transform their average point-and-shoot photos into little works of art. To purchase Tamara Lackey’s Capturing Life Through (Better) Photography™ Gift Set for Mom, visit: http://www.capturinglifebetter.com/store/product.aspx?id=8.
Running short on time? Available at your local Walmart are Photo books– Looking for a thoughtful gift that’s easy on your wallet and your busy life? You can create and purchase a treasured keepsake while catching up on errands at your local Walmart. HP and Walmart offers instant Photo Books in sizes ranging from 4×6 to 12×12 (product availability varies by store). Even better, Walmart is offering a price rollback now through June 30th for great gifts at significant savings. Mom would be so proud!
Another cool photo gift idea is Fracture Me. While the prices are way too affordable to pass up, I still think these things of beauty require a real portrait worthy to be a Fracture. Made from printed glass, these works of art promise to never fade and never scratch. They come as a complete package already mounted at an amazing starting price of $8.00.
Maybe photo gifts aren’t your thing.. Here are some alternative gift ideas:
- Sometimes I say the best gifts are ones you can eat. A basket of your mom’s favorite treats like Tate’s Cookie assortment or a gift certificate to her favorite restaurant will always be a hit.
- Perhaps a snazzy new phone protector from case-mate
- A lovely e-reader by Barnes & Noble, the Nook Color
- If you’ve got the loot, a Van Cleef and Arpel Vintage Alhambra necklace will certainly put a smile on mom.
- If you’re not moneybags, your mother would still love this charming Jewelry Tree from Red Envelope.
- Perhaps mom just needs a break from it all, a spa day would be magical… heck, if you can, make it a spa-cation!