The recently released Britax Advocate 70 CS Convertible Car Seat, despite its old name is completely revamped, I’d consider it a NEW car seat.
It features a new and improved Expanded Polypropylene (EPP) Foam which is much stronger and less brittle than used in the older Britax Advocate CS Car Seat models which tended to crack with age. It also features a new color coded lock system that we’ve seen on many European brands and really makes it that much easier to install.
I think the biggest enhancement is their new SafeCell™ Technology which features SafeCells designed to compress in a crash. What that means is that it significantly lowers the center of gravity and counteracts the forward rotation of the child seat which normally propels the child toward the front seat. Combined with their True Side Impact Protection which distributes crash forces, reducing crash energy by 50%, shields from vehicle intrusion, contains the head and body, and keeps the head, neck and spine “in true” or aligned, it will significantly limit injury in an accident.
Two of my favorite features are the Click & Safe™ Harness Adjuster, which is an audible aide that provides extra assurance when the harness is within range of appropriate snugness, and the HUGS™ (Harness Ultra Guard System), which reduces forward head movement and cushions the chest in the event of impact. Such simple extras which makes such a huge difference when such a huge percentage of people don’t install their car seats correctly.
This is Britax’s top of the line car seat and includes such added luxuries like:
- Built-in Lock-Off(s) secure the vehicle seat belt so that the child seat does not move more than one inch side-to-side or front-to-back at the belt path
- Convenient Harness Holders keep harness straps out of the way while placing child in the car seat
- High Density Comfort Foam provides an extra layer of padding to gently cushion the child
- Plush, Premium Cover Set with matching belly pad provides extra comfort
- Quick-Adjust Head Restraint & No-Rethread Harness easily adjust the harness shoulder height and head restraint without disassembling the harness
- The Britax Advocate 70 CS Convertible Car Seat will go up to 40 lbs rear facing and 70 lbs forward facing. (the original Advocate CS only went up to 35lbs rear facing and 65 lbs forward facing.)
- Integrated Steel Bars strengthen the connection to the vehicle and reduce forward flexing of the child seat during a crash
- Another Great new feature is the No Thread Adjusting. The new seat straps can be adjusted to all sizing without re threading the straps!
- The Britax Advocate 70 CS Convertible Car Seat (Click and Safe) Car Seat will feature a new black plastic shell will extend the expiration on the car seat from 6 years to 7 years as the UV rays of the sun do not affect it.
- Directions for tethering rear facing seats doesn’t work for my car (2010 Acura MDX) It was frustrating reading the manual and then figuring out that my car doesn’t accommodate. Luckily the Britax Advocate 70 CS (and all new britax carseats) features low gravity control to minimize impact and is the only car seat that passed the tether test without actually using a tether.
- Slightly more compact with a smaller footprint so they say, but I actually thought it was quite a massive car seat for a little baby, but I can sacrifice size for safety.
- No cup holder? For $369, I’d think they’d include a cup holder.
All in all, my child is my more precious cargo and the Britax Advocate 70 CS Convertible Car Seat is one QUALITY TANK! I know he is safe and secure with Britax! The Britax Advocate 70 CS Convertible Car Seat is available in Onyx, Paisley, Reviera, and Cowmooflage and even with all the great new features and changes, the Britax Advocate 70 CS Convertible Car Seat remains at $369 MSRP.